Have you been thinking about foster caring but not sure if you’re ready? Take a read through these top signs to see if you’re ready to try fostering.
- You’ve been thinking about getting a dog or cat but you aren’t sure if you’re ready for the commitment. Fostering is a much more short-term commitment which can see if you and your family or household are ready to add a pet to your life and what you can expect.
- You love animals and want to transform a shelter animal into a loving pet, whilst helping another family find the right pet for their home. Your role as a foster carer may involve some basic training and helping a shelter animal regain trust in humans again, ensuring a seamless transition into their forever home.
- You want to give back to your local community and ease the burden on animal shelters and rescue workers by providing a temporary home for these animals.
- You may already own dogs/cats but want to provide them with some companionship, or help them develop their social skills around other pets.
- You have the time in your schedule and suitable space in your home to accommodate a temporary pet and give them the attention and love they need.
If you fall into one of these categories then foster caring may just be the perfect option for you! It’s low committal, and a wonderful way to give back to your community whilst transforming a deserving pets life. Read our previous post for our suggested agencies or give your local vet/shelter a call.
“It’s difficult to understand why people don’t realise that pets are gifts to mankind.”
– Linda Blair